Experience la Pura Vida! Playa Grande is known for its consistent surf, beautiful lush scenery, and laid back vibes.
– Perfect waves for beginners but all levels are welcome
– Ideal water and air temperature, no wetsuits needed!
– Charming tropical surf town
– Stunning ocean and jungle views right from our balcony
– Welcoming local community
– Tranquil vibes but close to the action
Let us handle the details.
- 6 days + 5 nights in Playa Grande, Costa Rica
- 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners by our in-house local private chef
- 5 professional surf lessons
- 2 restorative yoga classes
- Optional free surf time
- All surf + yoga equipment
- Adventurous waterfall hike
- 2 professional surf photos sessions. Leave with epic memories!
- Sunset catamaran boat tour
- Local’s night out on the town
- Airport transfer to + from Liberia Airport (if you arrive outside our suggested times/days, we can arrange a private transfer at an additional cost)
- WiFi available throughout the surf house
- Beautiful large pool and communal outdoor space
Welcome to your Costa Rican beach house! Come experience tropical vibes at this gorgeous surf house right on the beach. Equipped with our private chef, large pool, wifi, full kitchen, and if we’re lucky, monkeys!
– Perfect location: less than a 2 minute walk to our empty surf break
– Lush and private backyard with beautiful pool
– Private and shared bedroom options with choice of ocean view
– Amazing social and private areas with WiFi
– Open air palapa perfect for yoga or just relaxing in the shade
Explore A New Place
An authentic Costa Rican experience. Surf, yoga, food, relaxation, and adventure. Pura Vida!
Surf Your Heart Out
Our retreats are geared towards beginners but all levels are welcome. Playa Grande has some of the best waves in the world. Surfing is for everyone!
We love to create an inclusive and supportive space for all our travelers. Being a part of the Sunshine Surf gang is truly a life changing experience.
Explore the greenest jungle, listen to howler monkeys, set sail with dolphins, hike up waterfalls, learn to salsa dance on a night out in town. This isn’t your typical surf retreat.
Get ready for the trip of a lifetime!
A truly unique hand crafted Sunshine Surf Retreat
UPCOMING TRIP: JULY 1 – 6, 2024
Purchase by January 1st for $200 off!
Prices above are listed as per-person. Please inquire for double occupancy prices.
Can I attend Solo? Can I attend with my friend/partner/family member?
Of course! Come solo or with a friend or two or four. Please note our retreats are for women and non-binary folks. Let us know when you are booking if you want to share a room with a specific member.
What if I am not interested in surfing?
No problem! We encourage you to give it a try but if it’s not your jam Costa Rica is absolutely stunning. Enjoy the beach, town, beautiful house on the ocean, and all of the activities listed in your retreat. We can arrange different activities for you to enjoy (subject to price changes), or feel free to just lay back and chill.
How many people are on the retreat?
Our retreats are anywhere from 8-12 guests plus 2 retreat guides.
Are there any requirements?
Must be at least 18+
Must know how to swim
Must be interested in trip of a lifetime
Do I need to be a good surfer or yogi?
Absolutely not! This surf, yoga, adventure retreat is about having fun. While you’ll naturally see the improvements in your surfing skills, strength, balance, and a deeper connection with nature, these are just some of the fantastic benefits you’ll enjoy.
What is NOT included?
What Should I Pack?
Everyone is different, and Playa Grande has almost everything you need if you prefer traveling light or forget anything, but listed below are some helpful reminders:
Bathing suit + rashguard
Activewear/ yoga wear
Socks and underwear
Sandals or flip flops
Hat or sun protection
Athletic/ strappy water shoes shoes for hiking
Personal Toiletries & Medication
Sunscreen (reef-safe recommended)
Natural insect repellent
Emergency contact information
Flight ticket information
Do I need to bring my own surfboard?
No, but you are more than welcome to bring your own board if you prefer to do so! Soft-Top and hardtop boards will be provided based on your skill level and preference.
What airport should I fly into?
We recommend flying into Liberia Airport (LIR) or San José International Airport (SJO). We will provide private transportation to and from LIB airport if you arrive and depart within our suggested time window. If you decide to fly into another airport or time, we can book you private transportation at an additional cost.
Money & Currency
The official currency in Costa Rica is the Colón (CRC), but US dollars are widely accepted in the Guanacaste region. Credit cards are accepted in most restaurants and shops, but please bring cash for small purchases like souvenirs and tips for staff. ATMs are also available. Do not forget to notify your bank that you will be traveling!
Deposits are non-refundable, but can be transferred to a friend or family member (women and non-binary folks). Your final trip payment is due 60 days before the start date. If you need to cancel your trip for any reason, please contact your travel insurance, as they may be able to cover your expenses. Your understanding of these policies is greatly appreciated.