WELCOME TO PARADISE!
YOUR SURF + Adventure RETREAT IN COSTA RICA
july 3 to 8 2023
Experience la Pura Vida! Playa Grande is known for its consistent surf, beautiful lush scenery, and laid back vibes.
– Perfect waves for beginners & intermediates but all levels are welcomed
– Ideal water and air temperature, no wetsuits needed here!
– Charming tropical surf town
– Stunning jungle views & wildlife
– Welcoming surf community
– Tranquil vibes but close to the action
Let us handle the details.
- 6 days + 5 nights in Playa Grande, Costa Rica
- Gourmet meals prepared by our in-house local chefs
- 5 professional surf lessons
- 2 restorative yoga classes
- Optional free surf time
- All surf + yoga equipment
- Gorgeous waterfall hike
- Professional surf photos. Leave with epic surf memories!
- Sunset catamaran boat tour
- Local’s night out on the town
- Airport transfer to + from Liberia Airport (if you arrive outside our suggested times/days, we can arrange a private transfer at an additional cost)
- WiFi available at the surf house
Welcome to your Costa Rican dream home: a gorgeous surf house right on the beach. Equipped with our private chef, large pool, wifi, full kitchen, and if we’re lucky, monkeys!
– Perfect location: less than a 5 minute walk to our empty surf break
– Lush and private backyard with beautiful pool
– Variety of luxurious bedroom options
– Amazing social and private areas with WiFi
– Open air palapa perfect for yoga or just relaxing in the shade
Explore A New Place
An authentic Costa Rican experience. Surf, yoga, food, relaxation, and adventure. Pura Vida!
Surf Your Heart Out
Whether you’ve never surfed, want to improve your surf, or shred on your own, Playa Grande has some of the best waves in the world. Surfing is for everyone!
We love to create an inclusive and supportive space for all our travelers. Being a part of the Sunshine Surf gang is truly a life changing experience.
Explore the greenest jungle, listen to howler monkeys, set sail with dolphins, hike up waterfalls, learn to salsa dance on a night out in town. This isn’t your typical surf retreat.
Get ready for the trip of a lifetime!
A truly unique hand crafted Sunshine Surf Retreat
UPCOMING TRIP: JULY 3 – 8 2023
Shared room with four twin beds
- Perfect for friends or solo traveler
- Budget friendly large bright room + private bathroom
- AC + WiFi
Private room with one queen bed(s)
- Ocean view
- Queen bed can become 2 twin beds upon request
- AC + Wifi + Private Bathroom
Deluxe Private King
Private room with one king bed
- Ocean view
- Ultimate privacy & luxury in this super spacious suite
- AC + Wifi + Private Bathroom
Prices above are listed as per-person.
Can I attend Solo? Can I attend with my friend/partner/family member?
Of course! Come solo or with a friend or two or four. Let us know when you are booking if you want to share a room with a specific member.
What if I am not interested in surfing?
No problem! We encourage you to give it a try but if it’s not your jam Costa Rica is absolutely stunning and lively. Enjoy the beach, town, beautiful beach house and all of the activities listed in your retreat. We can arrange different activities for you to enjoy (subject to price changes) or if you just want to lay back and chill.
How many people are on the retreat?
Our retreats are anywhere from 8-12 guests plus 2 retreat guides.
Are there any requirements?
Must be at least 18+
Must know how to swim
Must be interested in trip of a lifetime
- We kindly require all guest to be vaccinated against covid-19
Do I need to be a good surfer or yogi?
Absolutely not! This surf, yoga, adventure retreat is about having fun. Your surfing, strength, balance, and appreciation for nature will improve, but that’s just some great benefits.
What is NOT included?
What Should I Pack?
Everyone is different, and Playa Tamarindo has almost everything you need if you prefer traveling light or forget anything, but listed below are some helpful reminders:
Bathing suit or boardshorts + rashguard
Activewear/ yoga wear
Socks and underwear
Sandals or flip flops
Hat or sun protection
Athletic/ strappy water shoes shoes for hiking
Personal Toiletries & Medication
Sunscreen (reef-safe recommended)
Natural insect repellent
Emergency contact information
Flight ticket information
Do I need to bring my own surfboard?
No, but you are more than welcome to bring your own board if you prefer to do so! Soft-Top and hardtop boards will be provided based on your skill level and preference.
What airport should I fly into?
We recommend flying into Liberia Airport (LIR) or San José International Airport (SJO). We will provide private transportation to and from LIB airport if you arrive and depart within our suggested time window. If you decide to fly into another airport, we can book you private transportation at an additional cost.
Money & Currency
The official currency in Costa Rica is the Colón (CRC), but US dollars are widely accepted in Playa Tamarindo. Credit cards are accepted in most restaurants and shops, but please bring cash for small purchases like souvenirs and tips for staff. ATMs are also available. Do not forget to notify your bank that you will be traveling!
How are you staying COVID safe?
All retreat guides are vaccinated, and we require all retreat guests to be vaccinated as well. The luxurious beach house we are staying in is thoroughly cleaned every day.
What are Costa Rica’s COVID travel requirements?
At the moment, Costa Rica does not require proof of a negative PCR test to enter the country with proof of vaccination. These requirements are subject to change, and we will keep our guests informed with any new travel information.
COVID-19 Cancellation Policy
In the event that your retreat is cancelled due COVID-19, such as border closures or a mandatory quarantine period, we will do our very best to make sure you are able to travel with us in the future. In the event of a trip cancellation, we will offer you a free rebooking to a retreat at a later date. Deposits are not refundable, but can be transferred to you or any friend or family member. We appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented times (Feel free to contact us for more information).
Deposits are non-refundable, but can be transferred to a friend or family member. Your final trip payment is due 60 days before the start date. If you need to cancel your trip for any reason, please contact your travel insurance, as they may be able to cover your expenses.